TOURISM MARKETING COORDINATOR | Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau
Function: Promote the Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau as well as provides administration support to the Director and other staff of the Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau.
Relationships: Reports to the Director of the Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau and works closely with other Bureau personnel.
Education: Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Requires 2-3 years of administrative and marketing experience in a fast paced office.
Skills: Requires strong telephone, computer, organization and communication skills and ability to work successfully with the public provide courteous customer service and conform to deadlines. Proficiency in drafting correspondence, marketing materials, writing skills (correct grammar, punctuation and form), and public relations skills, experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe) and the ability to learn other computer programs as required. Additional skills may include the ability to actively listen, use logic to identify strengths, weaknesses and solutions.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and host visitors coming into the Visitors Center
- Answer questions in a courteous manner
- Responsible for brochures in the Visitors Center
- Mail visitor packets from advertising and phone requests
- Prepare Board packets for monthly meetings
- Work with newspaper to publish meeting notices
- Telephone Duties
- Answer and direct calls for NAVB phone line(s)
- Provide Assistance for Conventions
- Registration assistance as needed
- Prepare name tags
- Distribute convention folders as required
- Prepare signs and banners
- Special Events, Committees and Meetings
- Organize, attend, and take minutes at Hotel/Motel Meetings
- Organize, attend and take minutes at Sports & Recreations meetings
- Organize, attend and take minutes at Monthly Board of Director Meetings
- Able to research, analyses findings and interpret trends
- Assist with website updates
- Design creative ads promoting Madison County
- Update social media content development
- Other Administrative Support Functions
- Schedules and arranges meetings for Director and records and distributes minutes as requested.
- Processes incoming mail, composes and processes outgoing correspondence.
- Assists Director with word processing, spreadsheet, and database documents and multi-media presentation development.
- Orders paper and supplies.
- Responsible for building and maintaining contact database.
- Able to research, analyses findings and interpret tourism trends.
- Observes all rules of confidentiality regarding Visitors Bureau matters.
- Maintains familiarity with the Bureau’s strategic plan and promotes the concept of quality customer service.
- Prepare bid packets and support material for special event bids.
- Aid in the coordination of volunteer assistance and act as the liaison between the event volunteers and Director.
- Assist with collateral development for the bureau.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Assist the Director as other duties assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is based on education and experience within the existing range plus approved fringe benefits allowed all full-time Visitor Bureau Staff.