This park consists of 180.3 acres along the Elkhorn River. There is a successful incorporation of the old and the new at this location. Included in the original park boundaries are facilities built back in the WPA days from 1936 to 1943. The old park area is heavily shaded by many stately old trees and the focal point is the large lagoon, left over from the days when the Elkhorn River flowed through the area where the park is now located. Also in the original park area there are 4 rental cabins, 2 large picnic shelters, 2 small picnic shelters, 1 sand volleyball court, multiple playground areas, 1 lighted official softball field (field #5), bathrooms at two locations, picnic tables, barbeque grills, canoe access to the Elkhorn River, fishing opportunities at the river and the lagoon (there is a handicapped fishing platform along the lagoon) and a public campground located between the river and the lagoon. A new Off-Leash Dog Recreation Area and the rail head to the Cowboy Trail, are available for the public to use.
2201 N. 13th Street, Norfolk